Friday 25 November 2011

A Canadian in Malaysia

Hello team!

Fresh off of the plane, 2 days into my Malaysian adventure and so far I’ve managed to avoid the jet lag! Although, one thing I haven’t been able to avoid is the heat. I was so excited to leave minus 25 for plus 30, but it’s a bit more of an adjustment than I had anticipated. I find I have to change my clothes at least twice a day. Too much information? Sorry, we are just meeting.
Hi!  I don't know how to rotate pictures, sorry.
I’m Morgan Reed. I am a video journalist in Canada with a news organization called CTV. I do reporting and filming and writing for the daily news in my home city of Regina, Saskatchewan. If you’ve never heard of Regina, you’re in the norm. It is quite lovely, but not a very large city.
This is me and some of my co-workers last year on the Christmas float in an annual parade.

Conversely, Kuala Lumpur is a busy place.  Having just arrived, I find myself in awe of the lush greenery.  Everything is so alive.  I also have great tour guides.  Ching Ching and Rhonwyn have been so nice to show me around,  answering my dozens of questions, and pretending not to be upset when I burn food in their kitchen...


When I first heard about the Portraits of Perseverance project several months ago I was inspired by the women involved.  That’s what brought me here.  I consider myself a storyteller and Ching Ching and the other women involved with the eHomemakers organization seem to have great stories to tell.

I know it will be a long process but I am anxious to learn more about everyone.  I feel like I know some of you already from the blogs and video journals but I’m sure there’s so much more to know.  It’s such an amazing thing to always be learning.  I consider myself very lucky to have the opportunity to learn about Malaysia and about inspirational women over the next few months.

By: Morgan Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment